Every client we help is different and faces a unique set of financial problems. We ask that you bring the following things with you to the initial bankruptcy consultation:
- Proof of Income from all sources.
- Retirement income, child support, alimony, unemployment compensation, etc.
- A recent paycheck if employed for you and your spouse even if you intend to file alone
- A complete list of debts.
- The list may be handwritten.
- It can be a recent credit report or a monthly statement from each creditor.
- The list should include both current and past due accounts.
- Don’t forget joint accounts even if paid by the cosigner
- A list of your monthly living expenses.
- Utilities, food, clothing, car insurance, etc.
- Your most recently filed federal income tax return.
- Any lawsuit, foreclosure, or garnishment papers.
In addition to the above items, you should bring a list of questions for us to answer. Whether you are coming to us to file Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy, we are there to provide sound advice and to make sure you have a complete understanding of the process before the case is filed.
Remember, the more information you provide to us the more easily we will be able to answer your questions and to confirm that bankruptcy is the best course of action for you.